Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Seven kittens born today!

Our cat with her seven kittens only hours old.
Here is the firstborn.

Here is the runt.


My cat went into labor at 3pm, in the middle of my dining room floor. I had to have the kids to Gymnastics at 3:30. Figures. I try to encourage her to have her kittens in the bathtub before
I left and although I hurried to drop them off and get back home, alas, I was too late. She was having her first kitten in the middle of my hallway on my white carpet. Figures. I was able to get a towel under her just as the second came out, then I scooped them all up and put them in the bathtub, where she was content to stay. She always did like sleeping in the bathtub. I'm not cruel, I did give her plenty of padding and towels this time and the tub was safer from the kids. She finished just after supper. The second to the last was huge, but the last one was a runt. I hope the runt makes it. Naomi loves the kittens, but she wouldn't stay while they were being born. Her response was "Ewww." Adora watched the first one born then lost interest. Sabian on the other hand I had to drag away. He thought the whole thing was awesome. When I was ready to reclaim my shower, I tried to move them out, but mama cat would have nothing to do with that, she wanted them right back in the tub. Oh, well. I tried. I'll have to use Andy's tub.

No comments: