Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Potty train in one day! Why is this new to me?

Check out http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/25057426#25057426 for a quick video of Booty Camp, one woman's idea following ideas from this book. This inspired me to try something similar, and it seems to work. I've read the book and believe this is the best method. Check out "Toilet Training in Less Than A Day" by Nathan H. Azrin, PH.D. and Richard M. Foxx, PH.D. Sabian goes potty by himself now, thanks to Grandma's help while we were on vacation. I plan to try out this "new" method with Adora in a few months, and am optimistic. Adora can already use the potty with assistance when prompted, but I would not consider her to be "trained" by any means. This book has been around since 1974, so why am I only hearing about it just now? I've heard some of the techniques discussed on Dr. Phil, but was never told about this book. The author's study involved a range of children from 20 months to 4 years old and all cases were successful, most in less than 5 hours. This book wasn't in my library, but I bought it off ebay for less than $7.

1 comment:

Sami said...

I think I may need to try this with Peyton. He was doing really well...until he wasn't anymore. What I wouldn't give to only have 1kid in diapers.