Saturday, September 6, 2008

Yard Work

Today I pulled weeds from everywhere, gathered them up and stuffed them in garbage bags. I watered my plants. I picked up the yard. I pulled the nasty disintegrating carpet off our front stairs. I sweeped off the patio and sidewalks. We made a run to the dump to get rid of extra garbage. After spending all day working in the yard, I feel I have finally accomplished something outside. However, I still have inside the house to worry about too, and I didn't even get to play this weekend. I can now see the advantage of owning an apartment. Less work to do, more time to play. Until now, I had never thought of any positive aspects of apartment life, but it is suddenly appealing. I even thought of moving into the camping trailer and parking it at my parent's house or something. Has anyone else had similar thoughts?

No comments: